When defining the purpose and direction of your business, creating a winning insurance agency mission statement is an important step. A mission statement should be clear and concise, define the purpose and values of your agency, and serve as a guide for decision-making and strategic planning.
As an independent insurance professional, I understand the importance of a winning insurance agency mission statement. Your mission statement should encapsulate your purpose and values, and serve as a guide during the decision-making and strategic planning processes.
In this article, we will define a mission statement in depth, discuss the best practices for creating one, and provide examples of good mission statements. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
Definition Of A Mission Statement
As an independent insurance professional, I know how important a mission statement can be. Not only does it guide your insurance agency, but it also tells your customers what you stand for. But what exactly is a mission statement?
A mission statement is like a plan for your insurance company. It tells everyone what your company is all about and why it exists. It’s almost a promise to your customers and employees, saying that this is what you stand for and what you’re going to do.
Having a mission statement is important because it helps everyone understand what the company is trying to do and what it’s all about. It’s akin to a guide for everyone to follow and make sure they’re doing the right thing.
You can use your mission statement in different ways. For example, you can use it to help your employees understand what they should be doing, or you can use it to show customers what your company is all about. It’s a short, easy-to-remember statement that tells people what they can expect from your company.
A mission statement is a clear and concise statement that defines the purpose and values of a business.
It should be easy to understand and communicate to employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
A mission statement should be more than just a marketing slogan – it should reflect the core values and beliefs of the business and guide decision-making and strategic planning.
Here are some key elements to include in a mission statement:
- Purpose: The mission statement should clearly articulate the purpose of the business, including what it does and who it serves.
- Values: The mission statement should reflect the core values and beliefs of the business, such as integrity, innovation, or customer service.
- Goals: The mission statement should outline the long-term goals of the business, such as financial stability or market leadership.
Best Practices For Creating A Mission Statement
Mission statements are important for your insurance agency for a variety of reasons, and as such, it is important you create the best mission statement possible for your insurance agency. As an independent insurance broker, I have routinely seen the same practices be followed when a good mission statement is created.
These practices include:
- Keep It Simple And Concise: A mission statement should be easy to understand and communicate to employees, customers, and other stakeholders. Avoid using jargon or complex language, and aim for a statement that is clear and to the point.
- Make It Memorable: A mission statement should be memorable and easy to recall. Consider using catchy phrases or slogans to help people remember your mission statement.
- Reflect Your Values And Goals: Your mission statement should reflect the core values and beliefs of your agency, as well as your long-term goals. Make sure the statement aligns with your agency’s culture and what you hope to achieve.
- Involve Your Team: Involve your employees in the process of creating a mission statement. This can help to ensure that the statement reflects the values and goals of the entire team and promotes buy-in and engagement.
Examples Of Insurance Agency Mission Statements
In principle, it is easy to create a winning insurance agency mission statement, but as an insurance professional, I know how valuable successful examples can be in helping the creation process.
Here are some examples of successful insurance agency mission statements:
- “To provide affordable and dependable direct auto insurance to drivers across the United States, while also representing our customers in their time of need following an accident.” — Geico
- “We strive each day to act with integrity; seek and embrace diversity; listen, educate, and learn; provide solutions; generate positive energy; and support our community.” — Martin Insurance Agency
- “We are a Professional Insurance Agency building partnerships with our valued clients, our dedicated staff, and the Insurance Companies we represent. Our team effort embraces exceptional service, integrity, superior knowledge and individual attention to deliver customized solutions that provide peace of mind and support when you need it most.” — Partners Insurance Group
These mission statements effectively convey the purpose and values of the insurance agencies, and outline their goals for providing the best insurance solutions and service to their clients.
They also use simple and concise language that is easy to understand and remember.
Insurance Agent Mission Statement Templates
“Our mission at [Insurance Agency Name] is to provide exceptional insurance services to our clients while prioritizing their unique needs and goals. We are committed to delivering peace of mind by offering a wide range of insurance options and delivering personalized, knowledgeable advice. With a focus on integrity, professionalism, and customer satisfaction, we strive to build lasting relationships with our clients and be a trusted source for their insurance needs. Our ultimate goal is to help protect the things that matter most to our clients and provide them with the confidence to face the future with certainty.”
“At [Insurance Agency Name], our mission is to empower individuals and families to secure their future through innovative insurance solutions. We believe that everyone deserves access to comprehensive protection and financial security, and it is our goal to provide this through personalized service and expert guidance. With a focus on integrity, accountability, and customer satisfaction, we strive to be a trusted partner for our clients and help them navigate the complex world of insurance. Our ultimate vision is to be the preferred insurance provider in our community, delivering peace of mind and security to those we serve.”
As an independent insurance professional, I know how crucial a winning mission statement can be for your insurance agency. It serves as a guiding principle for your decision making and strategic planning, and ensures your company stays true to its values. When creating a winning mission statement, be sure to keep it simple, concise, memorable, aligned with your agency’s values and goals, and don’t forget to look at successful examples of winning mission statements.
Sometimes agents also are interested in creating an employee handbook which we’ve detailed in an article too!
If you liked this blog check out our other insurance articles on: