Comparison sites are popular when shopping for insurance as it allows them to compare quotes from multiple companies. However, some insurance companies are “hidden” and aren’t on these sites. These “hidden” insurance companies can offer a number of benefits, even though they aren’t on these sites.
As an insurance broker, I understand the importance of comparing multiple quotes to find the best policy. This is what makes comparison sites so popular, however, not all insurance companies are on these sites, and not considering them might mean you miss out on a better deal! In this article, we’ll discuss why some companies aren’t listed on these websites, the benefits of choosing these “hidden” companies, the top insurance companies to choose from, and what factors to consider when choosing a plan for your needs.
Table of contents
Top Insurance Companies Not Listed On Comparison Sites
Although several insurance companies are not listed on comparison sites, they still offer a range of products and services for their customers. Here are some top insurance companies not on these websites that I recommend as an insurance professional.
|Company Name||Availability||Online Quotes||Local Agents||Specialty|
|USAA||Military and their families||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|Amica||All||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Condo, Umbrella|
|State Farm||National||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business, Banking|
|Erie Insurance||Regional (East Coast and expanding)||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|GEICO||National||Yes||No||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|The Hartford||Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|Nationwide||National||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|Farmers Insurance||National||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|PEMCO Insurance||Washington and Oregon||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
|Travelers||National||Yes||Yes||Auto, Home, Renters, Life, Business|
By choosing one of these top insurance companies that are not listed on comparison sites, you can be confident that you are getting high-quality insurance coverage and excellent service.
Learn Tips to Save Money on Insurance!
Our newsletter is packed with helpful tips and resources to help you save money and get the most out of your coverage. Sign up now and join our community of savvy insurance consumers.
Why Some Insurance Companies Are Not On Comparison Sites?
These comparison sites sound like a great way for companies to promote business! Why do some choose to not be on them? There are several reasons why some insurance companies choose not to be listed on comparison sites. Here are a few possible reasons:
- Niche Focus: Some insurance companies specialize in a particular niche, such as pet insurance or travel insurance, and may not be listed on comparison sites that focus on more general insurance products.
- Direct Sales: Some insurance companies prefer to sell their products directly to consumers, rather than through intermediaries such as comparison sites. These companies may not be listed on comparison sites as a result.
- Pricing: Some insurance companies may have pricing structures that are not well-suited to comparison sites, which can make it difficult for them to compete with other insurance companies.
Overall, there are a variety of reasons why some insurance companies choose not to be listed on comparison sites, and it’s important to understand these reasons when choosing an insurance company.
The Benefits Of Choosing An Insurance Company Not Listed On Comparison Sites
As an insurance broker, I advise my clients to fully research their options so they can find the best option for them. Although convenient, these comparison sites leave off some companies, meaning you might not actually find the best deal out there. There are several benefits to choosing an insurance company that is not listed on a comparison site. Here are a few possible benefits:
- Lower Rates: Insurance companies that are not listed on comparison sites may be more willing to negotiate lower rates with customers, as they are not competing with other insurance companies in a comparison site environment.
- Direct Relationship: Choosing an insurance company that is not listed on a comparison site allows you to build a direct relationship with the company, which can be beneficial in the event of a claim or if you have questions about your policy.
- Greater Choice: Comparison sites typically list a limited number of insurance companies, so choosing an insurance company that is not listed on a comparison site can provide greater choice and the opportunity to find a policy that is better suited to your needs.
Overall, choosing an insurance company that is not listed on a comparison site can offer a number of benefits, including the opportunity to negotiate lower rates, build a direct relationship with the company, and access a greater range of policies.
Factors To Consider When Choosing An Insurance Company Not Listed On Comparison Sites
Comparison sites are a great way to compare multiple companies and quotes and can make choosing a policy easier. However, companies that aren’t on these sites are still worth considering. As an insurance agent, I strongly recommend you consider certain factors when shopping for insurance not on these websites.
When choosing an insurance company that is not listed on a comparison site, there are several factors to consider in order to find the best insurance policy for your needs.
Here are some key factors to consider:
- Reputation: It’s important to choose an insurance company with a good reputation, as this can be a good indicator of the company’s financial stability and customer service. Look for an insurance company with a strong track record and positive customer reviews.
- Financial Stability: It’s important to choose an insurance company that is financially stable, as this can ensure that the company will be able to pay out claims if necessary. Look for an insurance company with a strong financial rating from independent organizations such as A.M. Best.
- Coverage Options: Make sure that the insurance company you choose offers coverage options that meet your needs. Look for a company that offers the types of coverage you need, such as home, car, or life insurance, and that has coverage limits that suit your needs.
- Customer Service: Choose an insurance company that has a reputation for excellent customer service, as this can be especially important in the event of a claim or if you have questions about your policy. Look for an insurance company with a responsive and helpful customer service team.
Overall, by considering these factors, you can be confident that you are choosing the best insurance company not listed on a comparison site for your needs.
Comparison sites allow you to find the most affordable insurance policies in an easy-to-digest and convenient way–at least from the companies on them. As an insurance professional, I recommend you also consider companies, like the ones outlined in the article, that aren’t on comparison websites to ensure you get the best policy available.
These companies allow you to negotiate, build a relationship, and access greater policies, which you may not be able to do with companies on comparison sites.